Saturday, June 9, 2007

Bitch wants to be a regular...

Most mornings this lady comes in and I swear to god she talks to every customer service rep in the U.S. over her phone. Every time she comes in, she is ALWAYS on the bloody phone. People who talk in their cell phones while trying to order is seriously one of my biggest pet peeves...but I shall get to that another day.

This woman just plain pisses me off. She orders the same thing every morning and I know what she wants without even asking her - Grande, extra hot, no foam, with whip, caramel macchiato. But the fact that she is consistently on her phone, paying bills, changing credit cards, making corrections and various other things, makes me so angry that I ignore the fact that I know what she wants and wait patiently while she finds a moment in her conversation when she can get her order in.

And sometimes she has the audacity to look at me, in between her very important conversation, and act like I should know her drink. Doesn't she realize that her behavior just pisses me off? I don't care if she came in twice a day and ordered the same thing, bitch needs to learn some fucking manners before she walks up to the counter. And NO, I will not give her the pleasure of being a regular. She can break in her conversation to tell me what she wants. And when I feel extra bitchy, I like to ask extra questions or pretend I didn't hear so she has to repeat. Petty, I know. But I get so much pleasure out of annoying rude people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur right u know
the most annoying people in the world right now are the ones who think that its okay to talk on the phone ALL the time . it is so irritating

kate said...

That's the spirit - you are much kinder than I would be. Some people seem to think that their importance in life is tied to their cellphone use.

Ana said...

I get the same pleasure. it's a great taste of their own medicine! great blog!

Anonymous said...

Hawko, good work on the blog- although one ay i might just pop in while i'm on my phone to order an extra extra hot ice water in a venti cup with 3 and a half ice cubes no bigger that 2cm squared! love det x

Anonymous said...

Would you mind telling me the proper order of operations for ordering a drink?
I get so nervous that I just blurt it out in completely random order.
ex. green tea, iced, grande, unsweetened!!!
And this method leads to me getting just about every other drink then the one I want.
So size first?
I know that isn't really the point of the blog, but I would probably be less annoying to barristas everywhere.
Thanks!!!

Lyndsey said...

It is totally ok to order a drink in a random and scattered way! I find it refreshing to have customers who aren't all caught up in the "SB" thing and try so hard to get it right. Plus, if we are doing our jobs right, then we should be able to decipher the most difficult of orders.

Let's say you want a grande latte, with vanilla, decaf, non-fat, with an extra shot and extra hot...that would go a little like this:

Decaf, triple grande, vanilla, non fat, extra hot latte.

The boxes on the side of the cup are the best indicator. If you make a modification to any of the boxes, then you say it in the drink in the specified order. The of the cup goes after the decaf and shots boxes. It's so hard, I know! It took me AGES to get it all down straight.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

actually to be anal and technical, by the rule book or whatever, it would be a "grande decaf triple vanilla non-fat extra hot latte" even though no one ever does it that way (myself included)

its not a big deal if you cant order properly, we can figure it out, just be nice, smile, tip, etc. and we will put up with pretty much anything