Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bless the oldies...

So normally I like old people or 'elderly' to be more P.C.. The kind, gentle, naive and wrinkly ones. The ones with good stories and soft voices. You know, like grandma and grandpa. But I gotta admit, some of the worst customers are the oldies (they don't even deserve the P.C. 'elderly'). And believe it or not, they all come in at the fucking same time. You know how all the elderly are out driving in the early afternoon forcing one to tend to stay inside for fear of their lives? Well, they are driving to S.B., I swear.

There are two who particularly bug the shit out of me. One lady (maybe mid 70's) comes in almost every day and she wants a chai tea. One would immediately assume the latte...but no, it goes a bit like this usually.

"Hi" Not her...

"Chai Tea." I go to write a Chai tea latte - even though I know what she wants, I know....I am just asking for it.

"NO. Chai TEA BAG."

Seriously Lady, I don't need the attitude! I can see you roll your eyes and sigh under your lame fucking visor. I know you want to Chai tea bag, but you gotta make it difficult every. single. day! Just bloody say that you want a chai tea bag instead of waiting for us to make a mistake and then get angry when we get it wrong!

Today there was no recovery time between the two old ladies, they literally came one right after another. This next one had to be about 80 and god forbid was wearing a visor too.

"Short coffee." We get her a short coffee in a paper cup.

"I want it for here." Oh right, jeez, it's much too hard for you to tell me that BEFORE i get it...you must make me as miserable as you and tell me after the fact.

I get the coffee in a ceramic cup.

"I want a saucer too." Fair enough...

As I go to put the cup on the saucer I spill a bit on the saucer.

"This one is dirty, I want another." You are kidding me lady.

And no my friends, this is no joke. This lady took up about 5 minutes of people's time today. She held up the line and managed to, alone, create an unnecessary confusion. Without so much as blinking an eye! Every f-ing time.

You all might be think I am some sick awful person. But I swear, I love most old people! There are just a few of them who are so unbelievably awful, it's crazy! I am sure when I am old and gray this will all bite me in the ass as I will probably be some unbearable old bitch, but for now...lets just laugh a little at those who are at that point now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog via Daddy Likey and I love it. I work as a barista in the Barnes & Noble cafe, which serves Starbucks coffee. So I can commiserate. I'll definately be reading from now on. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi blogger. I can't stand older picky ladies like that. To be honest, I am at my office right now and one just casually walked up to the reception desk and took nearly two minutes to tell me why she was here. For fuck sake, you drive all the way down town to see an attorney and you already forgot their name!? Write it the fuck down if you are that senile.