Friday, July 20, 2007

Free subs TOTALLY not worth it...

So it might be the weather...or the fact that I slept through my alarm and was late to work this morning or the fact that I am just an angry person....but for god's sake I am so fucking sick of stupid people. I know, it sounds terrible, but I mustn't deny it any longer. People, we need a plan to rid the planet of them and their stupid, idiotic tendencies.

Seriously though, it boiled down at Subway today. And I thought my job sucked ass occasionally with the whole "is this nonfat" "is this decaf" "I said mocha, not white mocha" but I thought today while patiently standing in line, that those at Subway almost have it worse.

I would die if there was a fucking see through window where the customers could see what I was doing. Pointing at the fucking glass - "tomatoes" Point. "Lettuce" Point. "Pickles" Point...and so forth. That and the fact they they could dictate every single move you make:

"I want mustard...no no no...not that much. well a bit more....ahhh, god, fine. Salt and Vinegar too...what's that?!?!...I said no vinegar!"

Seriously though, I really felt for the lovely sandwich makers. Poor guys were doing what they were being told by the two condescending, stupid and fat (ok, so that is so awful....but I can't help it) people and they just get scoffed at.

Apparently the stupid people go there in the afternoon after visiting us for their morning cups of coffee...

must. stop. them. destroying. world.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay lady. I have had friends that work at Subway and they DEFINITELY have a way of seeking revenge on the annoying. We just need to take a deep breathe and know that this is not going to be us in 5 years (or for me, a year from now).

I heard work is completely different. I am completely frustrated myself. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

lyndsey and jenn!!! I miss you guys!! What's all this talk about subs without talk of your favorite sub maker at phil's 1500?!?

Love the blog lyndsey, i check in everyday. good work

Lyndsey said...

two of my most missed people EVER!! I can't tell you how sad I am that you aren't with me anymore...life just isn't the same. Not as much laughing, loving or anything positive...booo. You both are HUGELY missed....And Ryan, I apologize about the sub stuff, I forgot about my favorite sandwich maker:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan!!!! (Will you be on campus?)
I am really diggin' +/-. Glad you introduced me to them. We all need to get together soon and catch up.
Lyndsey, it was nice talking to ya tonight and I will so see ya next week.

crowfive said...

Working at sfux made me hate people too. Towards the end of my time there I only had enough patience for one stupid asstool a day and after that all bets were off.

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for you're just an angry person. Guess you really can't afford therapy on a barrista salary, though. =(

thispickle said...

honestly anon, wtf? Do you have nothing better to do than be passive aggressively abusive on someone's blog?

Lydnsey,*shudders*, I used to work at a sandwich place, you just gave me awful flashbacks

Poochie said...

I hate lame anonymous posters. Why don't you get your own blog so you can bitch about how other writers stink.

Geez!

Lyndsey - love the blog. I'll have to add you to mine. Thank Daddy Likey for introducing you to me!

Much luv
Poochie
http://shoedaydreams.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

I just discovered your blog!!!
It's wonderful.

My friend worked at subway and said it sucked. No he's working as a hotel cleaner and doesn't say a bad thing about that. SO working at subway must really suck.

I really love subway though...

Amelia said...

Subway customers make me want to SCREAM!!!! & even in Australia where everyone's supposed to be so much more easygoing, people are still completely intent on making my day 10,000x worse!!

Amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.