Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What is this...a fucking charity?

I can't say that I would ever walk into a store, not have enough money to pay for something and then look at the person behind the counter like they should do something about it. Which is why I stare in disbelief when a customer comes up to the counter, orders like the biggest, most expensive thing on the menu, hands me a sweaty handful of change and then looks puzzled when I say they are short.

Sometimes they even have the audacity to look at me, glance sneakily at the tip jar and then look back at me.

"OH!...right, how stupid of me...you want ME to take change from MY tip jar so that YOU can have your quad venti soy mocha...has it ever occurred that you could DOWNSIZE your drink so that you could afford it?"


I mean really. Are these tips just imaginary? Is it because they are still in the jar that they have no value? I work hard for the tips dammit...and I will be damned if your fat ass wants to have the most expensive thing on the menu out of our pockets!

Last night some lady wanted a sandwich (yes, the sandwiches are bloody expensive...but still) which was $5.95...she wanted me to put $3.00 on her debit and then the rest in change.

I count the change: "You are short 10 cents."

She stares at me. Digs through her pockets as if there is a CHANCE she will find a fucking dime in there. Then she looks at her friend and her friend proceeds to look for the dime.

They look at me.

I look back at them.

She glances at my tip jar.

I stare at her.

And then, I stupidly concave and say "Don't worry abou it"

The bitch walks away. "FUCK YOU!" I feel like saying....these aren't your goddamn tips!

No thank you, no nothing....just an awkward glance back. Thief.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have kept on staring at the bitch

alexa said...

Don't worry my dear. It's embarassing as helll, but I always downsize if I have to.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah lady, it's gonna get bad; when the price increase hits on the 31st, everyone will look at our tip jars. especially involving brewed coffee.

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for asking the nice cashier at Walgreens if she had 8 cents. :(

Tre said...

I feel for you, sometimes I sneak an extra five or ten dollar bill into the tip jar, every now and then, to try and make up for the stupid people who always seem to end up in line right in front me.

Tre said...

and then the cheap bastards go out, get in thier car, open the door and dump coffee and creamer all over the parking lot so I can walk through it and nastisize my car. JERKS!

Anonymous said...

Funny that you (rightfully) complain when people order the most expensive drink and can't afford it, but then you (wrongfully) poke fun at them when they try to save money by ordering espresso shots instead of a full-fledged latte and (gasp!) dare to use the free milk at the condiment stand. I guess there is just no winning with you.

Anonymous said...

I think $5.95 is pretty cheap for a sandwich. The ones I get for lunch usually cost more like $8. Then again, those are fresh and not celo-wrapped.

Anonymous said...

$8 is totally worth it for a freshly made sandwich from Specialty's or somewhere like that. But $5.95 is not worth it for those dry, mealy things wrapped in celophane that are god knows how many days old from a coffee chain. Save yourself the trauma and order their peppered bacon, egg and cheese dealies instead. They're under $3, filling, and delicious!

Lyndsey said...

Hey...anonymous up there. Get your knickers out of your ass. You just don't get it. It's all for laughs...You really think I take Starbucks that seriously?

And yes, the sandwiches are outrageously expensive. F. that. I wouldn't buy one for that much and I certainly wouldn't ask for someone to spot me a dime or two to have one.