Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Yes, I'm still talking about decaf...

I gave someone decaf. I know. I know. As much as I bitch and complain about decaf...what a hypocrite, you say. But I SWEAR this was justified...

So this mother comes in with her two children, the boy was probably 10 and the girl was about 6. The little girl was the last to order and she ordered an iced mocha.

"Shall I make that decaf?" I ask the mother.

"No, she wants the caffeine." I struggled for a moment with my inner demons and wondered if I should do as told or do what I felt more right. In the end, I found myself getting a little angry at this mother. Seriously, what mother lets their 6 year old have caffeine because she wants it? Parent your children and don't let the little shits do whatever they want because they want too.

In the end, I gave her decaf. I felt mildly bad until I realized that the little girl probably had no idea and the mother was no smarter either.

However I should have really given her, like, a quad shot and laughed as the mother chased her around and wondered what the fuck had gotten into her...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I cannot imagine a mother wanting her hcild to have caffiene. You did good..this time!

Catie said...

Apparently, when my aunt was TWO my grandma gave her coffee in a sippy cup every morning because she "wanted" it. And that was the 1950s....I also have a question for you. It's a matter of etiquette concerning a certain black and green coffee shop that I frequent five days a week. The staff is so fantastic and nice and whenever I pay for my drink with cash I always throw my change in their tip jar. But about 65% of the time, I pay with a credit card. Is it annoying for the staff to have a regular pay for a $4 drink with a credit card so frequently? And since paying with a card does not afford me the opportunity to tip them, is that just even more annoying for them? I love them to death and would not want to do anything that would make them sad. Please advise.

thispickle said...

haha, I could comment by going down that "in Europe..." road, but I won't. Rather, all I can say is I kinda wish went down the evil "quad shot" road, but I guess that would have been unfair on the kid. *sigh* It's hard to be evil when one has morals.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with kids having caffeine? Six-year-olds have Coke all the time and no one says anything.

Lyndsey said...

Speak for yourself...i wouldn't give a kid that shit.